[TriLUG] Need Linux solution for Quicken

Lee Fickenscher elfick at mac.com
Mon Oct 16 10:27:29 EDT 2006

On Oct 16, 2006, at 10:11 AM, Tommy Williams wrote:

> That said I'm looking for a solution that will replace Quicken _and_
> allow me to interface with an online billing service within the
> application, or, a solution that will allow the installation of
> Quicken on a Ubuntu machine and full use of all the online
> functionality. The ultimate goal is to concoct a GPL solution; I would
> rather not spend any money. However, at this point if someone can
> guarantee support for Quicken, I would be willing to spend some moola!

Have you looked at GnuCash? ( http://www.gnucash.org/ )
I know it supports some online stuff but I'm not sure that it
supports what you need.

> Tommy Williams
>
> "If you dont know how to fix a PC then you shouldnt be allowed to
> own one."

Is this an actual quote from somewhere?
I'm not sure it is entirely accurate as that would be much akin to
saying that if you don't know how to fix a car then you shouldn't be
allowed to own one. :)
Perhaps it would be more accurate to say if you don't know how to fix
a PC then you should be allowed to have administrator access on one. ;D

-Lee