[TriLUG] Search Engine question

Jim Tuttle jtuttle at prairienet.org
Mon Oct 16 13:44:11 EDT 2006

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:07:42 -0400
From: "WA Brown" <brownwa at ftc-i.net>
Subject: [TriLUG] Search Engine question
To: "Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list" <trilug at trilug.org>

I have no experience with search engines. I was wondering if there was
search engines that I could install on my linux server(Apache 2.0) and
others could use it? Would that be the same as google or any of the others?
I want one that I can configure to NOT keep search records. Is this
possible?

WA Brown

I use Scroogle at http://www.scroogle.org/ .  You can scrape either
Yahoo or Google, which means you tap into their indexes, but Scroogle
doesn't pass on cookies or ip addresses.  Granted, tor/privoxy are
solid, but they're slow and not the simplest to configure.  Scroogle
takes some of the pain out of searching and yields ad-free, privacy
protected Google results.

Jim
---Jim Tuttle