[TriLUG] mythtv, QAM 256, & Time Warner Cable...

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 16:20:03 EDT 2006

Actually I believe what Josh is alluding to is analog capture from a
digital cable box, the same outputs used by a television.  They won't
be disabling those anytime soon.

But speaking of port availability, Firewire is enabled on my
Scientific Atlanta 8300HD HD DVR.  I was able to connect my Macbook
and capture data.  The data is encrypted so I can't do anything with
it but it bodes well for the potential of using firewire to connect to
HD display.