[TriLUG] 1440x900 resolution in Dapper

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 17:56:43 EDT 2006

I have a new Dell D620 running Dapper.  I had it running at 1440x900
for a few minutes, having initially followed the instructions here:

http://mcsp.wartburg.edu/figura/D620.html

but as soon as my updates asked me to reboot, the screen went back to
whatever it's running now.  I've googled and googled and nothing seems
to work.  There were *several* packages in that update, so I don't
know if one of them broke the resolution, but I don't have time to
deinstall each one individually and restart gdm a million times.

Is anyone familiar with this set of circumstances?  Anyone got a
surefire way to fix the resolution?

The video chipset is an Intel 945GM.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattfrye