[TriLUG] Techno-Politics Talk on Trilug List (Was: FBI wants, blah, blah)

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Thu Oct 19 13:06:17 EDT 2006

Not to be a cynic about the subject, but I think the government's track
record suggests that the storage of the logs would be at the ISP's expense
and burden.

That said, I tend to agree with other posters to the list that there are
probably better forums for discussing this.  Yes, privacy rights in
general (and internet privacy in particular) are important subjects to
keep a watchful eye on.  However, this list (in my observation) seems to
try to keep the non-Linux topics to a minimum, especially those that might
engender much heated discussion[1].  Further this isn't a political list,
so political discussions should (IMVHO) stay off the list[2].

--
William Sutton
M: 919.604.2502

[1] but I'm happy to start a 'vi is better than emacs' flamewar on irc
*grin*
[2] a lot of things seem to be fair game on #trilug that aren't
necessarily appropo on list. failing that, issues that might be of broader
interest may be better served on a wider forum such as slashdot