[TriLUG] chrooting mysql on CentOS

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Thu Oct 19 15:55:14 EDT 2006

Anyone familiar with setting up a chroot jail for MySQL?
I'm trying to do it on a CentOS 4.4 box and for some reason I'm always getting
the  error that the comamnd is not found. I've got the properly replicated set
of binaries and data files. All the permissions and ownerships are right. It
just magically can't find anything.

I'm beginning to think the implementation of chroot and chrootuid on this box
is just plain broken. Even a simple "chroot /foo/chroot ls" returns a "Not
found" error.