[TriLUG] Need Linux solution for Quicken

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 18:27:35 EDT 2006

I will put inb my vote for MoneyDance.  It is
cross-platform(Windoze/Mac/Linux) and when I compared applications at the
beginning of the year it seemed to be the closest to what we(my wife and I)
were used too.  My big thing was the app had to be similar and I'm sorry but
Idon't want to do double-entry accounting for my checkbook.

l8r,

Mike

On 10/20/06, sholton <sholton at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Scott G. Hall wrote:
> > What you do is:
> >
> > 1) Install MS fonts.
>
> Your Linux solution has a Windows dependency. Not a particularly
> Microsoft-free solution, in my opinion.
>
> Any suggestion for a Quicken replacement for those of us
> coming to Linux from a non-Windows (say, Mac for example)
> world?
>
> --
> Steve Holton
> sholton at mindspring.com : YahooIM: sh0lt0n : GPGkey on request
> Delusion is treatable, dogma is not.

In the future, it will be said that "America is really good at only 3
things: Music, Software and Pizza Delivery", (Snow Crash, ~p20).