[TriLUG] mixing 2 mono wavs to 1 stereo

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Thu Oct 26 09:55:44 EDT 2006

Hi Gang,
   I'm googling, but my fu is weak..  Would some folks suggest their
favorite CLI tool for taking two mono WAV files and mixing them into a
single stereo WAV?

   The application is compiling recordings from asterisk.  So far I've
been using the MixMonitor application, which is okay, but it mixes both
sides of the conversation into a single mono channel.  It'd be much
better for me if I had one side on my left and the other side on the
right; that would make it easier to tell where echoes are coming from,
for example.

Thanks much,
~Brian