[TriLUG] Re: mixing 2 mono wavs to 1 stereo

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Fri Oct 27 09:43:32 EDT 2006

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that doesn't achieve the
effect I'm looking for.  The command you suggest results in a stereo
combination of two mono files, yes, but it's a stereo file with the same
signal in left and right channels.  What I want is mono file #1 to
become the left channel and mono file #2 to become the right channel.
It seems silly-easy -- change the header of the wav data to indicate
stereo, then interleave the samples from the two files...  I'm not sure
why I'm having such trouble actually finding such a utility.

Thanks nonetheless!
~Brian