[TriLUG] Question about wiring a new home with Cat6/e

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil OlsonE at aosa.army.mil
Tue Nov 7 09:01:21 EST 2006

Good question.

Well, I have some home devices that will not be wireless. For instance I'm
planning on using MythTV, and that's going to tap a large storage somewhere
else in the house. I also want the stability and reliability of copper!

Wireless is good when I have family over who want to surf the web with their
psp, or other mobile device / laptop ...or when I'm on the patio with my
laptop.

When I'm at my desktop, I'll favor copper any day! Especially when I'm
printing off a 20-30mb high-res photo on my networked printer.