[TriLUG] Darpa Grand Challenge Kickoff Invitation

Steve Kuekes steve at kuekes.homeip.net
Mon Nov 13 14:16:55 EST 2006

On Wednesday November 15, 2006 from 11:00 to 1:00 we will be holding an
unveiling of our vehicle for the Darpa Urban Grand Challenge at NC State
Centenial Campus EB-II.  The Darpa Urban Grand Challenge is a race
sponsored by Darpa for fully automonous vehicles.  (This is linux
related because we will be running our vehicle using about 10 networked
Mac-Mini Intel processors running FC6).  Our new vehicle sponsor is
Lotus Cars and they will be providing us with an Elise to use for the
race.  The Elise will be at the unveiling.  Its a very cool looking
sports car.  We will also be demonstrating some of our current obstacle
detection software and hardware that we will be installing on the
vehicle for the race next year.

Insight Racing and NC State participated in last year's Grand Challenge
and placed 12th out of over 200 entrants.  With this new vehicle we plan
to win.

Related web sites:

pdf of announcement poster from NC State:
http://insightracing.org/images/ANNOUNCECAR.pdf
Grand Challenge:  http://www.darpa.mil/grandchallenge
Insight Racing:  http://www.insightracing.org
Lotus:  http://www.lotuscars.com
--
Steve Kuekes

Insight Racing - Urban Grand Challenge('07) - http://www.insightracing.org
Private Pilot: N9259R '95 Saratoga based at Sanford-Lee County Regional
(TTA)
email: skuekes at nc.rr.com