[TriLUG] Notebook pad type mice

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue Nov 14 20:39:37 EST 2006

 > It looks like there's an option for the Synaptics Touchpad in
 > xorg.conf that turns off tap-to-click, called MaxTapTime:
 > I didn't see anything specific to sensitivity though.

Somewhere over the last year or two, I ran across some other
options for the Synaptics touch pad.  I am not currently using
them, but I left them in my xorg.conf for future reference.

Maybe they'll help you, too.

Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier    "synaptics_touchpad"
  Driver        "synaptics"
  Option        "Device"        "/dev/psaux"
  Option        "Protocol"      "auto-dev"
# Option        "LeftEdge"      "1700"
# Option        "RightEdge"     "5300"
# Option        "TopEdge"       "1700"
# Option        "BottomEdge"    "4200"
# Option        "FingerLow"     "25"
# Option        "FingerHigh"    "30"
# Option        "MaxTapTime"    "180"
# Option        "MaxTapMove"    "220"
# Option        "VertScrollDelta" "100"
# Option        "MinSpeed"      "0.06"
# Option        "MaxSpeed"      "0.12"
# Option        "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
# Option        "SHMConfig"     "on"
## Option       "Repeater"      "/dev/ps2mouse"
EndSection

Alan

.