[TriLUG] Toddler games under linux: native or wine

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 16:16:27 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

I have had less luck on wine than using VMware but unfortunely that makes
startup longer and more difficult.  I did have better luck with some games
on Transgaming but still VMware was my option for most of my kids'  Windoze
games.

Some good native toddler-level games are childsplay and gcompris.

Now if you have kids that are a little older(4/5 and greater) supertux,
tuxracer, tuxkart, supertuxkart, frozen bubble and ri-li will occupy them
for hours!

I saw the post recommending online games and I have had mixed results.  I
have not checked lately but nick.com especially seem to like  shockwave
which  pushes things over to VMware, or the very least Transgaming or
Crossover for the plugin.

Let me know if you want a list of games I have tried with wine and and can
send you my list offlist.

Regards,

Mike
--
In the future, it will be said that "America is really good at only 3
things: Music, Software and Pizza Delivery", (Snow Crash, ~p20).