[TriLUG] using soekris boxes and CF cards (OpenBSD)

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 11:41:13 EST 2006

Was wondering if anyone was using Soekris http://soekris.com hardware to
do any linux or *bsd deployments.  We are looking to replace our pc based
firewalls and routers with the Soekris appliances.  Another question is
how good are CF cards when it comes to reads/writes for log files, this is
gonna be a firewall/vpn application and there will be constant writes to
the CF card and don't want failures, since I am replacing spinning disks
which we all know fail.
Regards,
Chris