[TriLUG] Bacula director install problem

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 17:45:47 EST 2006

I encountered a problem installing the bacula-director-mysql package
for Ubuntu.  The installation guide that I was following told me to
install several bacula packages and that went ok.  The problem came
about when I did 'aptitude install bacula-director-mysql' and it gave
me the error 'ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
'root'@'locahost' (using password: NO) dpkg: error processing
bacula-director-mysql (--configure).

Before attempting to install bacula, I already had MySQL installed and
running, and you can log in and out with mysql -u root -p.

The install guide for Debian said that you would be prompted for mysql
info when running the install but it still dies with this error.

Has anyone had the same experience?

I tried to Google up an answer and while I saw the problem mentioned
more than a few times I didn't see the solution.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark.