[TriLUG] Web based maps project

Ben Pitzer bpitzer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 10:16:54 EST 2006

Sounds like an interesting job to do with the Google maps APIs.  They
recently added the 'encoded polylines' functions, so that is probably what
you're looking for:
http://www.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/#Encoded_Polylines

Not something that up my alley, exactly, but I'm sure you could find
somebody who is interested in doing this.  Plus, you don't have to keep the
maps up to date yourself, and you can take advantage of the other Google
features.  Not sure what the cost implications may be, if any, though.

-Ben Pitzer