[TriLUG] Web Cam Software

Steve Kuekes steve at kuekes.homeip.net
Thu Jan 4 10:07:57 EST 2007

I've got an web Cam application that I need to run.  Before I go
google'ing all over trying to find something open source Linux based
that will do what I want I figured someone must already be doing this
and can provide some recommendations.

Here's the app.  I have a broadband mobile access card for my laptop
from Alltel which I have working with Linux (FC4).  I'd like to hook up
a webcam to this system and send the images to my Linux server on the
internet and have that server provide video streaming functions from my
web site to possibly hundreds of simultaneous users.  So I guess I need
some kind of streaming app for my laptop and a relay streaming type app
for my internet server.

Let me know if anyone's doing this.  Thanks in advance.
--
Steve Kuekes

Insight Racing - Urban Grand Challenge('07) - http://www.insightracing.org
Private Pilot: N9259R '95 Saratoga based at Sanford-Lee County Regional
(TTA)
email: skuekes at nc.rr.com