[TriLUG] Re: Looking for good price on Xeon

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Fri Jan 5 08:54:25 EST 2007

Well, I did the same thing and did eventually get it to work. The Xeon I
bought was the retail version and had a heatsink attached that worked
fine, so that was not a problem. I got it from Tiger Direct. I did have to
buy, separately, the heatsink from IBM. I can't find the part number right
now, but I was able to just look it up on the IBM site. All works fine
now.

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
New Book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/178592.ctl