[TriLUG] code for search engine

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun Jan 14 20:45:54 EST 2007

I hired an intern from the English department at NC State this semester to
write some copy for my web site.  He recommended putting in some code to do
a local search.  I am partial to LAMP yet otherwise open to suggestion.
Does anyone have a recommendation on some code that I can plop into my web
site for a local search function?  It would be way cool to do full text
searching.  I played with PHPDig to no avail.  Maybe it is looking for
*.html and all my stuff is *.shtml.  I dunno.  Any help gratefully
appreciated.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President