[TriLUG] code for search engine

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Mon Jan 15 05:56:39 EST 2007

Wow.  Looks like the real deal.  I'm not averse to Java as long as I won't
have any conflicts.  Since my fiscal year and calendar year are one in the
same, there's a limit to the time I have available for tinkering.

Any freelancers out there want to get it going for me?  I'm slam.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net

Connecting You to the World since 1997

Behalf Of Robert
> Dale
> Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 9:39 PM
> To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list
> Subject: Re: [TriLUG] code for search engine
>
> On 1/14/07, Jim Ray <jim at neuse.net> wrote:
> > I hired an intern from the English department at NC State this semester
> > write some copy for my web site. He recommended putting in some code to
do
> > a local search. I am partial to LAMP yet otherwise open to suggestion.
> > Does anyone have a recommendation on some code that I can plop into my
web
> > site for a local search function? It would be way cool to do full text
> > searching. I played with PHPDig to no avail. Maybe it is looking for
> > *.html and all my stuff is *.shtml. I dunno. Any help gratefully
> > appreciated.
>
> The Apache Lucene - http://lucene.apache.org/ - project might have
> just the thing for you.
> You can use Lucene directly  with Java or you could use their Solr -
> http://incubator.apache.org/solr/ -
> search server with which you can connect via xml/http so you can stay with
LAMP.