[TriLUG] LDAP user password resets

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Jan 18 09:37:54 EST 2007

> Would that include nudging away from LDAP for authentication?  It's a
> great tool for user metadata and other directory services but for
> authentication... KerberosV.  Linux does support authentication by
> KerberosV mixed with directory services from LDAP.  Works great.

Once again, I'll mention that "user authentication and directory
services" would make a great presentation topic for the group.  PAM,
kerberos, LDAP, NIS (yellow pages), home directories that roam with you,
etc.

If you're like me, and you think that users are created as entries in
/etc/passwd, then this would be a real eye-opener!

Alan

.