[TriLUG] Access to remote linux files and folders...

dsandif dsandif at email.unc.edu
Fri Jan 19 15:48:31 EST 2007

Thanks to all who responded. This Fish app is great. Unfoutunatelly, I
still ran into the same problem. I must apologize for leaving out some
additional information here.

The kernel version of the machine that I am having problems with is
2.6.9-42.0.3.EL smp #1 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64. When I bootup and login to
the computer, directories\folders from other various linux computers are
mounted In a directory call (for example) “Resinfo”. So from my
computer, if I CD into Resinfo, I should be able to see a list of all
the other computers with their mounted “Resinfo” folder\directory, so
for example, if I have linux boxes apples, oranges, banana, and berries,
I can be sitting at berries, ssh into apples, CD to apples “Resinfo”
directory\folder do an ls and see its files and mounted
folders\directories of oranges and banana. In this case, when I ssh from
berries to apples, CD to apple’s Resinfo” folder\directory and do a
ls…….I get nothing, just the [user at apples]# prompt, no list of files or
directories or folders.

hope this helps & thanks.

D-