[TriLUG] Access to remote linux files and folders...

dsandif dsandif at email.unc.edu
Fri Jan 19 16:23:23 EST 2007

More to clarify here,

I am are trying to simply mount file systems over the net.

This is what I would like:

Set up hard mounts in the fstab, & have these correctly mounted when
ever we boot the machines.

Now, unfortunately, something is screwed up in the mounting process, but
I do not know what.
I seem to have to boot and reboot numerous times, back and forth, before
the mounting properly takes place.
It's as if a system process is not turned on, and when it fails it
locks  out any mounting from other computers,
even though officially they are supposed to be able to mount those files.

These command lines here probably can go into a boot startup script,

/etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap start
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs start

but I am not sure which. I don't think these commands are not the problem,

thanks again to all,