[TriLUG] SYN Flood?

MG mgmonza at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 23:05:54 EST 2007

Hello, all,

I'm new here <waves> and just came across something fairly scary.   My
home router shows  something  called an IP Fragmented Packet *from my
school's DNS server*, then there's a series of LAN-side SYN Flood, then
just plain SYN Flood, events to and from my [innocent, I swear!]
router's IP to some address in Atlanta, back from Atlanta, then to a
rival school's IP address here.

My systems are XP and Debian 2.6 - when I shut down the XP, it jumped to
the Debian.   Can anyone clue me into wth's going on?

Many thanks -

MG