[TriLUG] Fwd: [linux-elitists] Vista Launch

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Thu Jan 25 11:40:11 EST 2007

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Ok, I know today's dilbert (link that will still be good tomorrow is
> http://dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070125.html )
> mentions Linux, but personally, I don't think it mentions it in a
> very good light.

Tanner, I just looked at that strip and found humor in it myself (and I
heart Linux abundantly).  I don't think this was slamming Linux at all;
I think it was slamming your stereotypical Linux evangelist.  And it is
a constructive warning.  Anything we do as members of the Linux
community to promote Linux outside of the community should be done
sensibly and without hitting people over the head the way the character
in that Dilbert strip was behaving.

I would have liked more commentary from Jason about what he meant by
posting the Dilbert comic but I got something useful out of it.