[TriLUG] Fwd: [linux-elitists] Vista Launch

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:02:24 EST 2007

I'm considering an Open Source Expo. All except 1 non-techie I've met in the
area cannot even say what Red Hat sell - and that 1 person is a prof at
NCSU.  The limiting factor on FOSS adoption is people don't even know what
it is. Heck, I talked last month to a friend who has run a 'dows consulting
company for 15 years and he'd never even heard of OpenOffice.org.

I'd be happy to brainstorm about how to make such an event happen. I can say
alot of negative about softie but there is so much positive we need to show
local business and people.

Tim