[TriLUG] Linux Hardware Vendor

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Thu Jan 25 16:19:53 EST 2007

Tarus Balog wrote:
> I'm looking at Penguin Linux but want to know if any of you have
> experience (good or bad) with them or other vendors.

I've patronized Penguin Computing ( http://www.penguincomputing.com ) a
number of times over the years and I've been nothing but happy with
them.  Earlier on, like 10 years ago, there may have been some order
fulfillment quirks but that was sorted out long long ago.

I was personally privy to some high level meetings with their executive
management where I got to see the commitment level they had to FOSS when
turning down some potentially lucrative partnerships with quasi-FOSS
companies (remember Caldera?) and staying true to their cause.

Actually, Tarus, I think I introduced you to Penguin Computing's
founder, Sam Ockman, at a Linux trade show in NYC a few years ago if
memory serves.