[TriLUG] Fwd: [linux-elitists] Vista Launch

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:56:23 EST 2007

On 1/25/07, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> At the very least it seems like a good opportunity to  hit up the
> crowds at the "launch events" with free  Ubuntu CDs.
<end snip>

Tanner,

   To return this thread to your original post, I think this is a very bad idea.
1) These are die hard Windows fans. You are not going to convert them.
2) The 'free' CDs will end up as trash on the street. A bad mark on Linux.
3) If the MSM (TV, radio, etc) are there (a real possibility), they
will paint the Linux people as Freaks, or worse.

my thoughts,
john mitchell