[TriLUG] stopping Cyrillic spam.

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 00:44:52 EST 2007

We're already using content checks... and other techniques. The spam
that _does_ make it through tends to be Cyrillic. That was my point,
and since nobody on staff can read any languages in Cyrillic, it
doesn't much matter if we nix all that mail.

The references I found mostly said \p{Cyrillic}... how would I use
[U+0400,U+052F] in a spamassaassin rule? It should just be a perl
regex, but either I'm reading something wrong or feeding it bad hex,
or...

Thanks,
CMP

On 1/27/07, Daniel Sterling <dan at lost-habit.com> wrote:
> Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> > I'm trying to filter subject lines like these:
> I immediately want to refer to http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html , and
> point out that computerized statistical analysis works well. CRM114, for
> example.
>
> However, you could filter on the Cyrillic Unicode range: U+0400 to
> U+052F. You could extend this to any language you don't understand, I
> suppose.
>
> -- Dan

Cristóbal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student -- ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
TriLUG Vice Chair
"There are many roads to enlightenment, and thus many roads back to
the One True Debian" --crimsun