[TriLUG] Camcorder -> DVD with a 90 degree rotation?

T. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Mon Jan 29 00:15:22 EST 2007

I recently got my Linux box set up so that I can grab video off of my
camcorder and burn it to DVD.  (I'm using a combination of Kino and dvdstyler
at the moment.)  I just found that I have a tape that was recorded with the
camcorder turned at 90 degrees.  Thus, I can grab and encode the video, but
all of the people are standing sideways.

My search fu is failing me at the moment.  I'm trying to figure out whether
there is software that will help me rotate and resize (or crop) the raw or
encoded video before I burn it to DVD.  I imagine that Cinelerra can do what
I want, but I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to go through installing
and learning something so big just for a bit of rotation and resizing.

---Tom