[TriLUG] Another seal broken... thinking of installing a C/R anti-spam system

jonc jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 29 11:23:50 EST 2007

Excellent point, but then we have a known Mailserver that is spewing
fake-mail. You can either drop all mail from this server - or examine
the digital key header for all email coming from this server and drop
the fake ones.

We could also employ Wayne Byarlay's idea and give each T-SMTP server
its own digital key so that we can now build a web of trust across
servers.

If we run server-to-server traffic on a different protocol (also
suggested earlier) we can actually leave the suspect mail on the suspect
server and not download/accept the email until we have verified the
authenticity of each email.

This leaves the spammers server bunched up with his *own* spam... :-)