[TriLUG] Greylisting note

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Wed Jan 31 16:01:05 EST 2007

I know I just said this in another thread, but it bears repeating.

If you are using greylisting of any sort, you should read the
information at http://greylisting.org/ and check back periodically for
updates.

Just about all the additional ideas about greylisting I've seen in the
"seal of doom" thread have been covered in detail, including managing
database sizes, whitelists, and sharing lists of known-good smtp servers.

I've been running greylisting on my personal mail server for over a year
now, with a 5 minute delay timeout.  Works great.

I use SpamAssassin via .procmailrc after that, and it knocks out the
vast majority of the spam that gets through.  I update it using
rules_du_jour nightly.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/