[TriLUG] Help configuring Jasper Reports Front-End

Craig Taylor ctalkobt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 14:56:46 EST 2007

I've been trying to install a front-end for JasperReports for the past
week and have been running into numerous issues with various packages.

I've been able to use jasperForge's iReport to sucessfully create a
.jrml file and have tested it from within to render a pdf correctly.

With JasperServer (aka JasperIntelligence 1.2.8 or 1.3 I run into a
problem where I can upload my .jrml file into the repository but
clicking on it to run gives me a blank report ... I get no errors. I
have managed to get one report to execute successfully but that was
only after manually establishing an external query and an external
database in the repository and then tying them to the .jrml during the
report execution.  I'm unable to do this with other reports I've tried
setting up.

--
With OpenReports there are a number of properties files under the src
directory that I've configured to point to my local database but when

Notes on environment:

I need to configure the report front-end to display reports based upon
an existing MySql database running on the localhost. The goal is to
have jasperReports as the formatting and display of reports that I can
link to from an existing web application - any recommendations on
other front ends that satisfy this criteria is more than welcome.

Thanks,

- Craig Taylor