[TriLUG] tagging vlans with Red Hat /CentOS

jonc jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 8 13:46:58 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 11:11, Chris Bullock wrote:
> I have vlans on my switch and they function correctly:

I love the HP Procurves - but Cisco is okay too.

I believe your VLANs are port based. So the only thing that might have
bit you (beside the GATEWAY being defined in the VLAN ifconfig) is the
VLAN setting for the port your server connects to.

If you are defining the Linux interface for VLAN 4 then make sure your
switch port is in (or has access to) VLAN 4.

BTW: If you are getting into VLANS and priority based queueing, you
might want to look at OpenBSD:
  http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/queueing.html

Good Luck - Jon Carnes