[TriLUG] visiting Red Hat HQ

Glenn Hennessee Glenn_Hennessee at ncsu.edu
Thu Feb 8 16:01:38 EST 2007

I came to State in 1972 and the computer was an IBM 360 Model 40. It
resided in the basement of Nelson Hall, where Textiles was in those
days. The card punches, yes card punches, were there too. There were a
few satellite rooms on campus with card readers, key punches and
printers that connected to the mainframe. I spent many a Friday evening
in Nelson -- Friday because most students were not trying to use the
computer and keypunches were easy to get and turnaround was fast. I
think TUCC existed then but was used mostly for faculty research I think.
glenn