[TriLUG] Slony-I

David Brain dbrain at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:17:27 EST 2007

Hi,

Anyone have any experience with Slony-I.  I have a three  problems:

1. Large (100GB+) dataset to migrate
2. Limited experience of Slony
3. It's a production box, and in use 24/7

I have tried to get replication working but have hit some issues with
writing data to the master db while the initial copy is running -
initially with a permission problem for one of the database users
trying to update one of the slony sequences.  Then once that was fixed
hit some problems with foreign key errors.

I'll be at the meeting this evening if you'd rather talk about it
(which might  be faster..).

Thanks,

David.