[TriLUG] Old Guy Stories

Craig Taylor ctalkobt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 17:53:07 EST 2007

Anybody else who was born in the '70s ever use their father's punch
cards to build card houses? I found that they were much much better at
supporting my larger structures and hung onto a whole stack of 'em for
about 7 years before they faded out of where I put them... (got lost /
stopped caring).

At high school before the Apple ]['s came in we used a teletype that
was hooked up to NCSU where we could run a bunch of programs whose
main purpose I believe was to waste paper.

I used to know all of the chip-level details (what each chip did),
memory space, cycle counts etc for the Commodore. Now things have
gotten so complex and only standardized through driver interfaces that
I miss the chip-level type programming that you could do...