[TriLUG] Old Guy Stories

Neil L. Little nllitt12669 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 11 12:33:50 EST 2007

Or it could have been a Data General Nova 3. The control panel on these
were white. The control panel that showed the lights for the registers
and words were yellow. The flipper paddle switches were yellow.

There were two versions. The Nova 3 with a 16 slot mainframe and the
Nova 3 Jr with 3 or 5 slot mainframe.

Of course the cards were about 18"x18". Power supply on the bottom, CPU
card above it a FPU card or memory card (1 or 2 cards) and lastly a
controller card..
Access to the interface was from in line pins connected to a Dasher
terminal on the back plane. Connection to peripherals were through a 100
pin (S100) slot card wire wrapped to the pins on the back of the mainframe.

The older version the Nova 2 had a blue control panel. The flipper
switches were regular (metal) toggle switches. Of cour