[TriLUG] Re: Informal TriLUG Lunch? (was Re: visiting Red Hat HQ)

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Mon Feb 12 10:46:34 EST 2007

Chris Knowles wrote:
> OK, the plain old vegetable oil will be put on by the Cary/Raleigh guys
> too, if you haven't added any/enough oil to your food.  There's a reason
> that they tell you to add 2+ ladles of oil to the food.  If you don't,
> most of your food will char/stick to the grill.

I've never seen them oil the grill *before* putting your food down.
I've seen them add a bit of oil now and again when you don't put much
oil in yourself.

In the Burlington store, the clean the grill with water and the scraper,
and then go around behind it squirting oil down over the WHOLE grill, so
you get nice and oily food whether you want it or not.

I was there shortly after they opened and figured the were still working
up the seasoning on the grill so they need to oil the hell out of it,
but it has been over a year and they are still doing it.  I can't
imagine it taking this long to properly season the grill surface unless
they are doing something wrong with it.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/