[TriLUG] Need to compare pw's

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 12 19:33:34 EST 2007

Roy,

Would it be sufficient if you made all the passwords the same?  You
could simply pick on of the servers and make it the Master (so to
speak). Copy it's hash to all the other unix boxen and then you'll know
that all the pw's are the same across boxen.

You could also enable NIS logins and point everything to one Unix box.

I can't think of any other easy way of making sure the pw's were the
same... outside of using a pw breaking app on each server and then
comparing.

Good Luck - Jon