[TriLUG] Harsh statements from Forbes with regard to IBM's Linux spin

Rob Rousseau ki4bke at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 15 13:49:12 EST 2007

Sounds to me like he is just spreading more FUD.  Personally, I don't
see him as exuding IT experience, except as a freelanced fictional
writer after not getting tenure at a major university..
And then there is this about him.
http://www.digitaldivide.net/blog/Taran/view?PostID=6988
"Daniel Lyons is Not A Fanatic. He's Just From Another Planet. This is
just very poor writing with very poor research and very poor
comprehension of the topic. Sure, there are noisy fanatics - but have
you ever heard of a silent fanatic? No, of course not. Yet to write
something like that - if Lyons is a good writer - shows something else:
that he's trying to put a spin on things. The concept of Open Source or
even Free Software must be alien. It must be uncapitalistic."

-Rob