[TriLUG] Interesting issue

jonc jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 16 15:30:26 EST 2007

The user didn't do a lot of troubleshooting (at least that was relayed
in the message).  Most folks aren't going to simply jump in and suggest
things when the user gives the appearance of being too clueless to
effect any of the suggestions... Unless the error is specific enough or
common enough to have a stock solution.

The sounds of the crickets following that message tells you a great
deal.
 1) Its not a commonly found problem
 2) If it's not a commonly found problem, then a default install should
work just fine.  Where is your install distinct and different?  What
pieces did you touch?

>From the general description it could be a lot of things. From
overzealous security, to squirrelmail config problems. Without some
basic troubleshooting on the front-end, you are not going to be able to
isolate and conquer the issue.

Sometimes the nicest form of criticism an Open Source community can give
someone is silence.