[TriLUG] Interesting issue ( SquirrelMail )

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Sat Feb 17 11:00:41 EST 2007

Truthfully, I can't see anything obvious on this.  So here are some
general ideas of what might have led to this situation that I didn't
hear mentioned in your email:

1.  Is this squirelmail something you installed or a standard package
on the system (by the way, what kind of system is this?  *BSD/Linux,
what distro of Linux?).

2.  I've seen things similar to this when the auto update of the
system installed a security patch/update which broke a config file
somehow (though rare).  Go back and double check your imapd server
config (which I assume squiremail is connecting to) and your entire
squirelmail config file.  Make sure that they are listening and
connecting to the same host (127.0.0.1 I assume).  Make sure they are
going for the same ports.  Make sure of every config option.

3.  Are you getting even the login screen for squirrel mail?

4.  Have you double checked to make sure your filesystem hasn't been
corrupted?  Maybe there was a hd failure or partial failure which as
screwed some inodes/sectors on your HD.  Make sure you aren't
trashing your disk further.

That's about all I can say.

-David