[TriLUG] OO.org track changes feature

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Wed Feb 21 10:27:07 EST 2007

I'm collaborating with colleagues on a project, and ahve been overruled on
my preference to use LaTeX in emacs. We'll be using word/OO to swap and
track changes.

My question is this: Word has a very nice layout for track changes in
which deleted text gets put in the margin in a little "balloon," then a
dotted line points to the point in the text where the deletion was made.
This makes the text a lot easier to read than the old version -- which
seems to be OO's version -- in which the deleted text is redlined but kept
within the document.

Is there any way to get a similar view in OO?

Thanks.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
New Book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/178592.ctl