[TriLUG] OT: PayPal - Good or Bad

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Sat Feb 24 12:57:35 EST 2007

Michael Rulison wrote:
> While my own few experiences have been satisfactory, I wonder whether
> there is any body of evidence or opinion to the contrary that deserves
> respectful consideration?

I recently had a bad eBay experience that I tried to settle through
PayPal where the seller described one item but sold a cheap import
knockoff of considerably lesser value than what was actually described.
  (and the description was factually incorrect, which I proved with
photographs of what was described vs. photographs of what was shipped).

PayPal took their good sweet time and ultimately sided with the seller.

I'm taking a break from eBay for awhile as a direct result of this.

--
"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory." - Bruce Lee's observations of
people at TriLUG meetings who won't shut up and let the guest speaker talk