[TriLUG] Astonishing GNU/Linux Time Machine

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Feb 27 13:46:21 EST 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 00:05, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> via Paul Jones, http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/blog/
>
> Instant GNU/Linux time machine
>
> Free Software Magazine - Tortola,British Virgin Islands
>
> Jump into the Astonishing GNU/Linux Time Machine, and via the magic of
> qemu and ibiblio, you too can experience the earliest days of GNU/Linux.
>
> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/node/2097

Has anyone on the list gotten this to work? For me, after I install, the last
step is to reboot, and when I reboot I hang with the following message:

Partition check:
  hta: hda1
  hdb: hdb1
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
UNIX: bind: can't open socket /dev/log

It just hangs there forever. I can Ctrl+Alt+Del, but it just reboots and hangs
there again. In fact, when I recopy install/a1.3 to ./sls-boot in order to
bust back in, there's no /dev/log device.

Also, when I bust back in with the original install/a1.3, I can't find an
executable called liloconfig.

Has anyone had success with this?

SteveT

Steve Litt