[TriLUG] CompUSA closing stores

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Wed Feb 28 13:18:23 EST 2007

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> I bought a laptop at CompUSA and they made me feel like I stole
> something because I didn't want a
> $200 service plan for a $500 laptop that had a 1 year warranty.

I can top that - a Dell salesman tried to sell me a $100 extended
warranty on a $80 network switch.  I asked him if he thought it would
be smarter to just buy another switch to keep in reserve.  He said
"Ahh, err, ummm....yes, I guess it would.  Would you like to buy
that switch today, sir?"

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services