[TriLUG] CompUSA skinny

Matt Nash mattnash at intrex.net
Thu Mar 1 14:23:39 EST 2007

Hi folks,

I went to CompUSA today to see if the cheepnis has begun... they are
marking down "all floor items" 5-15%.  There is still a lot of stuff on
the shelves.  According to the cashier, they will stay open 60-90 more
days, so my guess is they will discount further, later on.  I got a big
$15 off of a $150 scanner, and $5 off a wired print server.

The cashier asked for my phone number, which was a new experience for me
at CompUSA.  Emboldened by earlier postings on this list, I asked "Why
do you need my phone number?"  He said that they had just started
requiring it yesterday, when the liquidation order came down.  He said
"Just say 'unlisted'."

Matt