[TriLUG] OpenNMS Wins Gold - Beats Out HP and IBM

Shawn William Taylor STaylor at torexretailna.com
Fri Mar 2 19:21:44 EST 2007

Congrats! That's a huge personal accomplishment. You should be proud.

Cheers,

Shawn

Tarus Wrote:

Gang:

We just found out about this:

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/productsOfTheYearCategory/
0,294802,sid7_tax306257_ayr2007,00.html

We're incredibly excited, since this was based on a user survey and
not a marketing study. It's amazing what an active open source
community can accomplish against companies like IBM and HP.

Sorry if I sound like I'm blowing my own horn here, but five years
ago I bet my farm on open source and TriLUG was a large part of that
decision. You guys kept me sane when I was struggling with this alone
in my attic. Open source is all about the community, and that is one
thing you just can't buy. Thanks for making this possible.

-T