[TriLUG] Motherboard/Ubuntu issue

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:26:16 EST 2007

Hi all,
We are having an issue with an Intel D945GNT-L (Non-Raid) motherboard
and our Ubuntu installations.  We currently have four of these
motherboards.  Two with Ubuntu desktop (Edgy and Dapper) and two with
Dapper Server installed.  On both Server installations, the system
hangs at the BIOS screen upon restart with "shutdown -r now", but
encounters no problems upon shutdown-power off-restart.

We have googled the problem and have seen where other are having
similar problems, but we've seen no solution.  One person recommended
tuning off ACPI, which we did, but it had no effect. Another problem
like this we saw on Launchpad involved laptops and ipw but this is a
rack-mounted server box.

After Server persisted in hanging at the BIOS, we installed Edgy
Desktop and it boots/reboots with no problem.

Has anyone heard of/experienced the same issue with Dapper? (or
anything else...)

Regards,
Mark.